Video conferencing is a great tool for schools but a little thought and care is needed when used in the classroom.
Your VC equipment :
- All videoconference equipment should be switched off when not in use.
- Make sure your equipment is secure to avoid any un-authorised use.
- Do not set your equipment to auto answer.
- When using H323 systems connected to the national broadband network (ie ja.net) you must follow the national dialling (E164)scheme – If your unsure what you number is please contact YorkshireVC and we will be able to advise.
- Do configure your endpoint with your venue or school name.
- Do not publish your external IP address, or VC details.
- Keep any admin passwords secure.
- Students must be supervised when making or answering calls
- Do not share your v-scene login, additional users can be requested from the website https://v-scene.ja.net/ and register.
- If sessions are been recorded or streamed ensure permission has been sought from and agreed by all participants, may need to include parental permission’s forms.
- It must be made clear what the recording is to be used for and stored in a safe and secure manor.
- Make sure you have permission for any 3rd party resources you may use in the session.
- Sessions should be supervised appropriately for the age of the students.
- Check with the other parties their content is appropriate for your class.
You may want to add a videoconferencing section to your schools safeguarding policy and review as appropriate.