YorkshireVC run most of on-line workshops using the collaboration tools adobe connect and webex. Both system can be used on a computer in a browser or you can download the mobile app for IOS, Android and windows. During session the presenter will broadcast his desktop/presentation on the screen and talk to you through the speakers. If your in a busy office/classroom you may want to plug in some headphones.
Connecting to you using adobe connect on a computor
We will e-mail you a link, will be in the form of
- Click the link:
- Keep the “Enter as a Guest ticked”
- And enter a name,This can be your name (first name only please if using with students) or your school name
- Click Enter Room
Adobe may then ask for permission to load the adobe-addon
You will then get the shared screen
Normally you will see the chat box where you can “chat to the presenter” other box’s will be made available as appropriate to the session.
In some session we may enable your web cam or microphone .
- At the top of the screen click the microphone and select the microphone you have connected.
- Click the microphone again and then Connect My Audio.
The process is exactly the same for the webcam.
- Click the camera icon and select camera.
- And then start the webcam.
- For others to see you then need to click the Start Sharing Button
Getting our attention
During a session their a a couple of ways to get our attention:
- Type in the chat box if available , we will be notified and take a look
- Use the hand up tool at the top of the page.
Again we will be notified and respond accordingly.